Monday, July 21, 2008

hi


hi. on friday i got back from my second summer camp of the year. I think that this camp was better than my first. First of all, it was nice to have a shower every day. Second, there were no jerks at this camp, and I made a lot of friends. In fact, I got eight new e-mail addresses to plug in to my e-mail account! And, my best friend from camp happens to live a half hour away from my house! At camp, I took three classes. One was a class in which we built LEGO robots and battled them. Ours got second place. Then, I had a class on environmentally friendly fuels. That was very interesting, because I learned that hydrogen wasn't a very likely fuel for the near future. Then, I had a class on what happens to your brain when you do drugs. For instance, did you know that methamphetamine, a drug that is fairly common around my house, contains explosives? That class was very interesting.
The food was usually terrible, though they had a few good meals toward the end. In fact, when they made meatloaf, I couldn't get enough! In addition, we played a lot of pool, and I got really good at the game Cutthroat. Cutthroat is a game for three players in which you try to knock in your opponents balls before they can knock in yours. The person with the last ball on the table wins.
Overall, both of my camps were very good. I would go back to both, and can't wait for next year!